Friday 5 August 2016

Quick battle reports + Bonus Croc


On the 23rd of July I played at an event in Cork, and also helped run it.

I ended up playing only 2 games, letting the other organiser have a go round 2.

I took the same Haley2/Caine2 pair as before.

Game 1 was against Rob Read
He had some Menoths.

He dropped Severius2 and I dropped Haley2.
Hierarch Severius
* Blessing of Vengeance
* Reckoner
* Reckoner
* Redeemer
* Redeemer
Idrian Skirmishers
* Idrian Skirmishers Chieftain & Guide
Choir of Menoth
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
Vassal Mechanik

I'm going second.



Rob runs all his stuff up and I do the same, Thorn is Prey'd by the Idrians so he goes and hides behind a forest.
Haley casts Decel and I wait it out.

Rob manages to put a lot of damage onto one Stormclad and cripples both arms, he doesn't get to do much else, his jacks toe the zone.

Arlan repairs the Clad and I go in on Rhoven and some other models and feat on him to stop any retaliation.



Rob shoots some more but fails to kill the same jack again. He feats and kills Ragman, a Stormlance survives just stopping him from freeing up an additional warjack shot.

I repair with Arlan again, Haley goes, TAs the Avenger, TKs a pesky Reckoner out of the way and TKs a Clad forward.
The Avenger walks forward to Shoot at his Jack fortress, knocking down Blessing (removing the Shield guard), 1 Reckoner and taking a shot on a choir man near Sevvy to knock him down.
The Lances press forward, two assaulting into Sevvy and 1 runs round to be an allocation beacon, they do a bit of damage.
The TK'd clad walks up into the gap left by the TK'd Reckoner and puts Sevvy in the dirt in very short order.



ASSASSINATION WIN

My next game is Longy (Trolls) vs Merlin (Mercs) Longy gets a clock win, very narrowly.


My 3rd and final round opponent is Mark "Tinder" Hayes
He has some Ret:
Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker
* Hyperion
* Chimera
Dawnguard Sentinels
* Dawnguard Sentinel Officer & Standard
Mage Hunter Assassin
Mage Hunter Assassin
Mage Hunter Strike Force
* Strike Force Commander
Arcanist
Arcanist
Arcanist

I chose Haley again because he has a Colossal and it is Outlast.

Mark goes first and runs his Sentinels to cover my right zone, MHSF to the left and Hyperion is in the middle with support, the Chimera is near the Sentinels.

I push up and Decel, hoping to make it through his MHSF shooting, staying out of the obvious threat ranges.

A Couple of Lances die and they get Blinding Lighted, Thorn takes a little bit of damage but keeps on ticking.

I use a combination of the Avenger (TA'd), Thorn, both Clads and Arcane Bolts I am able to clear my left hand zone, Haley moves in to feat and dominate for 2.



Mark can't do much, he charges a Lance that was thrown into the zone to contest and kills it, he also puts Hyperion into my zone.

I use both Clads with help from Ragman to kill Hyperion and put another Lance into the other zone and go up to 4CPs.



The Lance in the other zone is threatening free strikes on a bunch of sentinels so they can't really get into my zone, the Chimera, 2 Sentinels and two Mechaniks get into my zone, Mark clears the Lance, going up to 4CPs.

I am able to TK and run a Lance to contest Marks Zone, I dominate out the admonition’d Chimera and a Clad kills the two Mechaniks, I go to 5CPs.



Scenario WIN!


With that the Tournament is over, I take a slightly odd path to 1st and nab the new Cygnar Battlebox.

Here's a picture of Snapjaw.




Tomorrow I'm going to try Sloan:
Captain Kara Sloan
* Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
* Defender
* Defender
* Defender
* Grenadier
* Grenadier
Trencher Infantry Min
* 3 Trencher Infantry Rifle Grenadier
Captain Arlan Strangewayes
Gun Mage Captain Adept
Captain Maxwell Finn
Gobber Tinker
Bunker

I dunno how it's going to perform but I'd like to give it a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment