Tuesday 6 August 2013

NWG Series, Part Two - The list

Welcome back to the NWG Series, time for part two.

Last time I hinted at something involving drop pods and left a few of my mad scrawlings up on the blog for your viewing pleasure.
I suppose it’s time to explain the some of my schemes, I’m going to be entering the 40K tournament, which has a 1650pts limit and rewards you for playing with new toys, conversions and the like.

I’ve opted to bring a list that involves drop pods, 9 of them.
Heres a quick list run down:

Dark Angels
Librarian, level 1 (Divination)

Tactical Squad, Melta, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad, Melta, Drop Pod
Tactical Squad, Melta, Drop Pod

Veteran Squad, Melta, 3x Combi-Melta, Drop Pod
Veteran Squad, Plasma, 3x Combi-Plasma, Drop Pod
Veteran Squad, Plasma, 3x Combi-Plasma, Drop Pod

Space Wolves
Rune Priest, Jaws, Hurricane
Rune Priest, Jaws, Lightning

6 Wolf Guard, 2x Combi-Melta, 3x Combi-Flamer, 1xTerminator w/ H.Flamer, Drop Pod

8 Grey Hunters, Melta, Banner, Drop Pod
8 Grey Hunters, Melta, Banner, Drop Pod

So as you can see I’m going to be needing:
9 Drop Pods
6 Melta Guns
2 Plasma Guns
5 Combi-Meltas
6 Combi-Plasmas
3 Combi-Flamers
1 Terminator
3 Libbys/Priests
6 Sgts
26 Marines

Pretty much all of this needs to be built and painted from nothing, I think I have about 20 Marines, 3 Special weapons undercoated and 1 Libby/Priest model actually painted.
1 model out of 64 completed!
It's a few boxes.
The most daunting thing is likely the 9 Pods, as they’ve a lot of different bits, I’ve spent the last week cleaning them up.
These are the large components
Thanks very much to Ian of Mad Eye Miniatures / The HobbyShack for getting these toys to me in such short order, what a gent, ply him with your business!

Now how am I going to get 9 pods painted? Well I’m going to cheat of course, using Army Painter sprays to take care of the grunt work of base coating both exteriors and interiors.
 
All the rest of the sprues
 
Obligatory crotch shot of just some of the plastic bits.
Progress overall has been slow but I have most of my materials now and I’m working on getting things moving, I’m sure once I get into the swing of things we should see more solid progress and a bit more dedication on my part.


Until next time!


Lots of Rubbish
                                

2 comments:

  1. I love how it's like 'NWG post 1 - this is not a competitive event' and then 'NWG post 2 - here's my filthy list'.

    I'm proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not THAT filthy. It's just a reduced version of the 1850 list I was thinking of.

      Delete