Wednesday 22 April 2015

Games 13, 14 & 15

Monday and Tuesday saw me getting in 5 more games, 4 against my little brother, who features a lot in my gaming schedule as he keeps his toys at my house and is, until next Monday, unemployed.

This is him during a post toys session.

Not a sane man.

Game 13/100
Haley2 Vs Abby2
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Close Quarters
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 2 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Objective: Effigy of Valor


Deployment
I win the Roll and chose to go first and unpack very aggressively with the Lances heading up the middle, the Gun Mages have to run to become relevant.

Cygnar Turn 1
Mike can't really unpack very far and can't get off conferred rage this turn, he has to advance to stop me just winning on Scenario.

Eyriss removes Spiny and Tenacity from the Carnivean and I alpha it hard with the Lances, they also engage (at reach) and damage the Ravagore. the Stormclad shoots the Deathstalker down. I cast deceleration and feat.

Mike leaps the Raek into me and tries to engineer a throw with Elanor (Archangel) but nothing really comes of it and then he concedes.

Assassination or Scenario WIN!

With things looking grim we call it.

Next game I get to try out the Nemo2 Chargerpalooza.

Game 14/100
Nemo2 Vs Abby2
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Close Quarters
List:
General Adept Nemo
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
* Charger
Objective: Fuel Cache

Turn 1 front.
Turn 1 back
Legion turn 1

I Energizer for 3, walk everything up and put Force Field on Nemo. Mike runs up behind a wall aggressively with Tenacity on Abby, camping 1.

I feat and need boosted 14s to hit at boosted dice -3, 7 Chargers manage to get it done. 

Assassination WIN!


7 Guys get the job done!

Game 15/100
Caine2 Vs Abby2
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Close Quarters
List:
Captain Allister Caine
* Squire
* Hunter
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers(
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Rangers
Greygore Boomhowler & Co.
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Journeyman Warcaster
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Horgenhold Forge Guard
Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan
Objective: Effigy of Valor


Legion turn 1

Cygnar Turn 1
Mike unpacks using a forest as an Anchor, I run up with key pieces hanging back using the wall to keep things safeish, Eyriss relocates. The Carnivean moves up to kill some models and the Raek does the same, I am able to remove the Raek with Forge Guard and harm + shooting takes care of the Carnivean. I run other stuff up to jam Elanor and the Ravagore.

Carnivean and Raek removed, Jammin'

Miek feats and procs conferred rage, clears out the jam and models in the way of Elanor who then charges Caine, he's ARM 21 and DEF 19 behind the wall, he needs boosted 11s to hit, and doesn't get any of them. I feat and harm Elanor, remove her and the Ravagore and I'm out of Abbys threat range.

Elanor and Ravagore go down.
After that theres one chance for Paul (the shredder) to get into Caine but he can't do it and at that point I can just walk about scoring and shooting things whilst staying away from Abby.

Scenario WIN!


So, final thoughts;
Game 1 was a matchup that was always going to be rough and my alpha and feat just meant it was so hard to come back from especially with Abbys predictable threat ranges.
Game2 was a one trick pony.If Mike had known about it then it never would have been on. Although probably would have been interesting to play out, see how much stuff I could remove.
Game 3 was a big grind and I was lucky but two attacks would have needed to hit and roll averages to get me down.


I have a couple more games I'm going to put up but they can wait until tomorrow when I can scribble them.






No comments:

Post a Comment