Thursday 9 July 2015

Games 38 and 39, almost half way there.

Got a couple more games in last weekend using my 2 list WTC pair, Haley2 and Caine2.

These lists are:
Captain Allister Caine
* Squire
* Hunter
Journeyman Warcaster
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Rangers
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers 
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Greygore Boomhowler & Co.
Horgenhold Forge Guard
Viktor Pendrake
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen & Thrall Warrior
Effigy of Valor

Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Anastasia di Bray
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One
Effigy of Valor


First game is against Circle and Morv2, I drop Haley2 but Caine may have been a better choice.

Game 38/100
Haley2 Vs Morvahna2
Opponent: Phil Doogan
Scenario: Incursion
Phil's List:
Seasons of Fate - Tier 4
Morvahna the Dawnshadow
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Gorax
* Druid Wilder
Tharn Bloodtrackers
* Nuala the Huntress
Tharn Wolf Riders
Tharn Ravagers - Min
* Tharn Ravager Chieftain
* 1 Tharn Ravager Shaman
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove

Phil wins first turn and runs up, forcing me to feat on turn 1 with a charge.
Even under feat with fast Wolf Riders and Bloodtrackers he's able to get up and jam my models.


I spend the next turn trying to get unjammed but it proves difficult.
Phil is able to feat back a bunch of stuff and score a couple of CPs as I wasn't really contesting.
I come back and try and grind him down whilst getting unajmmed and I am bale to do so successfully but then I have to suffer a charge from his second wave and he is able to clear me off the flags and score to 5 and win.

SCENARIO LOSS!

The next game is against Dave and Skorne.
I drop Haley2 again.

Game 39/100
Haley2 Vs Zaal
Opponent: Dave Burlison
Scenario: Close Quarters
Dave's List:
Supreme Aptimus Zaal & Kovaas
* Cyclops Brute
* Basilisk Krea
Nihilators
Nihilators
Tyrant Zaadesh
* Scarab Pack
Ancestral Guardian
Ancestral Guardian
Ancestral Guardian
Hakaar the Destroyer
Paingiver Task Master
Gatorman Bokor and Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew

I go first and run up, Dave does the same.


I am able to feat and trigger Anastasia and clear lots of models off the board.
Dave isn't able to do much and I am able to take another turn, I get super up on attrition and kill most of his models.
He has a pretty good feat turn and whittles me down but I am able to start scoring and hide Haley up the back.
The pressure means he has to go for an assassination that fails and I am able to kill Zaal.

ASSASSINATION WIN!

39 games down, 20 Wins and 19 Losses, pretty shocking but at least it's positive. At least I have my team to carry me!

No comments:

Post a Comment