Thursday 10 September 2015

A week to go! Game 60!

This time next week I will be on the way to the WTC! I'm excited.

Got in a few more games, two (three) against Bradigus.
Post nerf this was going to be a tough matchup as you have to be really cagey about the engagement under feat and being counter feated on.

Game 57/100
Haley2 Vs Bradigus
Opponent: Eoin Brennan
Scenario: Two Fronts
Eoin's List:
Bradigus Thorle the Runecarver
* Woldguardian
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
* Woldwatcher
Shifting Stones
Shifting Stones
Shifting Stones
Sentry Stone & Mannikins
Sentry Stone & Mannikins

This first game was actually 2 games in one, I was trying to test out time lapse and record it but didn't get the settings quite right so it cuts off, I'd recommend watching it in quarter speed.
You can watch it here:

@10sec Eoin explains how he can just kill me so we hide Haley again and carry on.

I manage to close it out with Harlan spiking and putting lots of damage into Brad and then finish him with a Boosted Handcannon from Jr.

ASSASSINATION WIN/LOSS!

The next day theres a local SR and in round one I get paired up against Eoin again.

Game 58/100
Haley2 Vs Bradigus
Opponent: Eoin Brennan
Scenario: Destruction
List as above.








I try and flank the lances but chose the wrong flank and get slowed down too much by the forest.

Eoin grinds me down and I eventually clock myself, I do dice out an assassination but fall short anyway.

CLOCK LOSS!

The next game is against my most frequent opponent and brother Mike.

Game 59/100
Haley2 Vs Vayl2
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Recon
Mike's List:
Vayl, Consul of Everblight
* Angelius
* Angelius
* Angelius
* Shredder
* Ravagore
* Ravagore
Blighted Nyss Hex Hunters
Spawning Vessel
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd


 
 


I deploy poorly, and Mike makes some excellent plays to capitalise on that, Icy Gripping the stormblades to lock them down for a turn and then getting a lovely scather onto them.
I start to lose on Scenario and attrition and eventually get killed.




ASSASSINATION LOSS!

My final game of the day is legion again and Lylyth2, I figure Haley is really going to  struggle so I chance my arm with Caine.

Game 60/100
Caine2 Vs Lylyth2
Opponent: Paul Boyling
Scenario: Fire Support
Paul's List:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight
* Ravagore
* Ravagore
* Ravagore
* Naga Nightlurker
Strider Rangers
* Strider Rangers Officer & Musician
Strider Rangers
Strider Deathstalker
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd


  I move up out of feat range on turn one. Paul advances.


I then run and hide Caine in a trench and push everything else forward, Paul feats and clears a lot of models and sets Caine on fire but no blast damage or direct hits.

 


1 ranger left alive moves up to mark and then the 2 living gun Mages get shots into Lylyth doing about 6 damage  and a True Shot and reloaded Caine is able to feat and finish her off through 3 transfers.

ASSASSINATION WIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment