Thursday 3 September 2015

2 Weeks till the WTC!


Its been a while since I updated, I've been a busy person and feel I should get this one in before the few more games I'm likely to get in next weekend and then I reckon it'll be a WTC Wrap up after that.

I also have a GoPro Camera on the way which I can hopefully use to record some games and upload them, might also do a vlog for the WTC, will see,

I played in a Local SR two weekends ago and managed to get in 3 games, only 1 with Haley2 post nerf.
Game 52/100
Caine2 Vs Borka1
Opponent: Dave Burlison
Scenario: Two Fronts
Dave's List:
THEME: Family Reunion - Tier 4
Borka Kegslayer 
* Pyg Keg Carrier
* Pyre Troll
* Swamp Troll
Trollkin Champion Hero
Trollkin Champion Hero
Trollkin Champion Hero
Stone Scribe Chronicler
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. Max
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
Trollkin Champions Min
Trollkin Champions Min
Trollkin Champions Max
* Skaldi Bonehammer





I am able to jam zombies and Boomhowlers into zones and into his models whilst he makes attacks to try and kill them all. It takes too long before he can kill them all and I win on clock, turns out DEF16 Gun Mages are hard to hit.

CLOCK WIN!


Game 53/100
Haley2 Vs Haley2
Opponent: Dave Chambers
Scenario: Outflank
Dave's List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad (Bonded) 
* Thorn
Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Pistoleers
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer
Stormblade Infantry(
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Tempest Blazers
Stormblade Captain
Rangers
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist




Dave unfortunately is pretty inexperienced with Haley2 and gives me Thorn for free on my turn 2. I feat first but with Thorn dead and decel protecting the Nyss sufficiently I am able to get up on scenario and attrition, he goes for a long shot assassination and fails and then the Stormclad bops Haley.

ASSASSINATION WIN!


Game 54/100
Caine2 Vs Morvahna2
Opponent: Phil Doogan
Scenario: Close Quarters
Phil's List:
Seasons of Fate - Tier 4
Morvahna the Dawnshadow
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Warpwolf Stalker
* Gorax
* Druid Wilder
Tharn Bloodtrackers
* Nuala the Huntress
Tharn Wolf Riders
Tharn Ravagers - Min
* Tharn Ravager Chieftain
* 1 Tharn Ravager Shaman
Gallows Grove
Gallows Grove




I get all but 2 of the Bloodtr(ack)(ous)ers on my turn 1 and two wolf girls. Phil hits me back hard and kills some things but I clear a line to Morv, on 6 transfers, and plop a Ranger near her then Caine guns her down.

ASSASSINATION WIN!


This marks the end of tournament due to time/tiredness etc so we go to the scores and I come up on top due to SoS.



I got in two other games, one against the expected victor of the WTC Solo Masters and Team Ceol alternate.

The man, the myth and the absolute ledge, Rob Read.

Game 55/100
Haley2 Vs Kreoss1
Opponent: ROB READ! ROB READ! ROB READ!
Scenario: Fire Support
ROB READ:
High Exemplar Kreoss
* Reckoner
* Reckoner
Initiate Tristan Durant
* Redeemer
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard
Holy Zealots
* Holy Zealot Monolith Bearer
Exemplar Errants
* Exemplar Errant Officer & Standard Bearer
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Choir of Menoth - Min
Vassal Mechanik
Vassal Mechanik




I throw my pieces forward and do my best to sorta jam up and feat on Rob, he counterfeats and all his things are now unengaged and can put some hurt on me.
I am able to weather the storm and it turns into a long slow grind. I am able to get Eyriss onto Kreoss and Haley finishes him off with Arcane Bolts to the face.


ASSASSINATION WIN!

This matchup has really changed after the Haley feat nerf and is a lot harder to play now.

I decide to punish myself into Lylyth2 against Mike, to see how bad it is. Spoilers: it's pretty bad.

Game 56/100
Haley2 Vs Lylyth2
Opponent: Mike Porter
Scenario: Outflank
Mike's List:
Lylyth, Shadow of Everblight
* Ravagore
* Zuriel
* Naga Nightlurker
* Shredder
* Nephilim Bolt Thrower
* Teraph
* Succubus
Spawning Vessel
Annyssa Ryvaal, Talon of Everblight
The Forsaken
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Blighted Nyss Shepherd
Strider Deathstalker
Strider Deathstalker
Swamp Gobber Bellows Crew



I push up and feat, due to positioning the Ravagore can't benefit from Lylyths feat as he's blocking LoS to Lances and I weather the storm okay. I manage to get up on Scenario to go to 3-0 but Mike throws loads into the zone and with Stealth affecting his beasts I can't TK everything out and Haley dies for her trouble.


ASSASSINATION LOSS!




This could have been way worse if there were more Ravagores in the list and Mikes placement was fractionally different, and I think Lylyth2 will be one to avoid for now.



I also got some more painting done, of Legion toys.










No comments:

Post a Comment