Wednesday 13 May 2015

Game 21, Haley-nado

Another week and I've managed to get in a couple more games and here is one of them!

Once again its a faction mirror against Cygnar and I'm playing the one true lord and prophet Mr Dunford.
We have a chat and Pat wants to play Haley2 into the Haley1 double colossal build so off we go!

Game 21/100
Haley1 Vs Haley2
Opponent: Pat Dunford
Scenario: Destruction
List:
Captain Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormwall & Lightning Pod
* Sentinel
Journeyman Warcaster
Gastone Crosse
* Galleon
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
Black 13th Gun Mage Strike Team
Objective: Fuel Cache

Pats List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
* 3 Stormblade Infantry Storm Gunner
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Ragman
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist

I win the roll and chose to go first as I need to make sure I'm not going to straight lose on scenario.

Deployment
There is a big forest just outside my deployment zone so I run up and get things far enough forward, Arcane Shield goes out on both colossals.

Turn 1, Run
Pat runs/charges his stuff up, spreads and feats on me, catching the 3 Warjacks

I am able to get stuck behind my Jacks as I need to use the Galleon to try and shoot at Gorman but I deviate away from him, the Stormwall goes and contests the zone. I am killboxed and give away 2 points.
Score 0-2

Stuck in the Killbox
Pat puts everything into the Killing the Stormwall and with Rust and Death field he is able to remove it and the objective, he jams the Galleon with the Lances, Haley2 retreats and killboxes herself but she wants to stay safe.
Score 2-4


Rusted Stormwall dies
I am able to now feat and remove the Stormlances along with a bunch of other models, the Galleon goes into contest and kills Gorman.

I feat and contest

Pat retaliates and puts damage into the Galleon but with Arcane Shield its tough to shift with no charges.

I am able to use the B13th to remove some Nyss and Cylena and more Blades, whilst moving Gastonne away from the Nyss.

Attrition continues
All Pat has to do is remove the Galleon from the Zone to win and he chips it down with the Stormclad and scores his final point to win.
Score 2-5
Galleon goes down
SCENARIO LOSS!


I feel I could have deployed better and perhaps setup some better plays, letting Pat get 2 points off me early on from the Killbox meant I had to throw the Stormwall into contest and he was removed easily enough.

A bit more time with this list would probably make it a more even matchup.



I have also been getting the Skorne all in one box going, I've now cleaned up all the models and they have been undercoated.

Skorne cleaning in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment