Friday 15 May 2015

Game 22, Lylyth3

My next game is against the actual real deal, the salty sea dog, riding the waves on the R.R.S Dumbledore, Pete Croft.
He's playing Lylth3, it's my first time.

He does have a blog I promise, when he'll update I don't know.

Game 22/100
Haley2 Vs Lyltyh3
Opponent: Pete Croft
Scenario: Incoming
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Objective: Effigy of Valor

Petes List:
Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight
* Angelius
* Naga Nightlurker
* Scythean
* Shredder
* Zuriel
* Succubus
Strider Rangers
* Strider Rangers Officer & Musician
Strider Deathstalker
Strider Deathstalker
Spell Martyr
The Forsaken
The Forsaken

I win the roll and opt to go second for some potential early scoring.

Deployment
Pete runs everything up and gets ready for feat.

I run/charge up with everything, I have to change the Stormclad to get Haley into a good position and end up doing 6 points to it.... Arcane Shield goes on the Lances I also feat and pop deceleration, I catch everything aside from the 2 Deathstalkers.
I use a rock to block LoS from Lylyth to the Stormclad and Gorman.

I thought I'd moved the Storm Lances up just shy of Lylyths 12" range but I was wrong.

Under Haleys feat nothing really happens, the Striders Jam the Nyss, The Angel and Scythean retreat. Lyltyh feats and chills 3 Stormlances with the help from the two Deathstalkers.

It's a good rock

I then Advance and Harlan takes some Purgation shots at Lylyth. I use the two unchilled Lances to try and take out the two Deathstalkers, they almost do it but one is left on 1 HP.
the Nyss, Jr and Stormclad try to clear the Striders, leaving a few alive.

Trying hard to clear the zone
Pete retaliates using Lylyth, Zuriel and the Angel to clear out a number of Stormchaps Harlan and Eyriss. They Nyss slapfest continues over in the other zone.

I try to get Gorman onto the Angel but fail, even then the Stormblades are able to kill it and the Lances go into Zuriel putting damage into him. The slap fight continues, the Stormclad walks away from a Strider Ranger, to get out of Scythean threat, and takes a huge free strike.

About to go for the Angel
Zuriel and Lylyth kill Gorman and more dudes in the zone and the Naga tries to help.

I TK and then Deadeye the Stormblade flag (formation issues) The blades go into Zuriel as does the remaining Lance, managing to remove him. The Nyss finally emerge victorious from the high DEF low MAT battle and I am able to score a point.

Top Camerawork!
Lylyth a Shredder and the Naga work on clearing the zone but two Stormblades are left, the Sycthean charges the Nyss but only kills one.

The Stormblade Captain Charges in an kills the Shredder then Quick Works down the Naga. The Stormclad advances towards to zone.

Lylyth removes the Stormclad and I am basically out of time.

We play on and see could I kill the Scythean but it doesn't happen and we call it, Pete wins on Clock/Scenario.

CLOCK LOSS!

We realised about Turn 3 that Anastasia wasn't on the board so she sat this one out, I doubt she would have made much difference.

I think had I positioned the Lances better on my feat turn I would have forced Pete to feat on just the Striders and had a devastating Alpha into Lylyth herself but she would have been camping a few, who knows.

I also got tunnel vision when attempting to score on my turn two in my zone, thinking I'd get points for controlling but I needed to dominate, which I wasn't going to do.

This weekend I'm hoping to get three maybe more games in, reports for them will be up soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment