Thursday 7 May 2015

Two more games , 20% of the way there.

Using my nifty timer widget I can see that it is that many days until the WTC and I already have 20 out of my 100 games down, well that's what I'm aiming for as a minimum.

My kid Bro and team mate is at 30, so yeah.

Games 19 and 20 have been played, Game 1 is against Pete, you will probably be able to read his perspective over on his fancy blog HERE (if he ever puts it up!).

This is the first trip of the Nyss hunters in my Haley2 list, Harlan Versh is there should I have to deal with any incorporeal things.

Game 19/100
Haley2 Vs eThagrosh
Opponent: Pete Croft
Scenario: Incursion
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
Objective: Effigy of Valor

Pete is playing eThagrosh with some beasties:
Thagrosh, the Messiah
* Scythean
* Scythean
* Seraph
* Raek
* Raek
* Shredder
Spawning Vessel
Blighted Nyss Legionnaires
* Captain Farilor & Standard
Spell Martyr
The Forsaken

The Forsaken


I win the roll and chose to go first, it is Incursion after all.

I put the Nyss behind the forest for pathfinder and potential scoring, the heavy lifters sit in the centre.

Deployment
Turn 1 I run up aggressively, switching the Stormclad over to be more central and opposite the beasts. AS on the Stormclad and a bit of running.


Turn 1 unpacking complete

 Pete starts off by putting Tenacity the two Scytheans and a Raek then becomes Dr. Thagrosh (Manifest Desitiny - Thagrosh M.D) then feats and charges up. The Reaks and Scytheans Run up one of them having been slipstreamed. The Legionnaires move up and mini feat.

Feat triggers and the Scytheans are able to remove a Lane each, a Raek gets Gorman and the other one gets a Stormblade.
2 Ponies and Gorman gone!
I now have 2 tenacious Scytheans and 2 Raeks to deal with. Haley Allocates 3 to the Stormclad. She then feats, shuffles forwards, Timebombs the Scythean on my right to catch a Raek as well and then Deadeyes the Stormblades.
Harlan tries to do some work aiming and does a few points to the right hand Scythean.
The Nyss advance and all get within four inches of the flag to set up some early points, they then do a smallish CRA into the Seraph and manage to cripple its spirit.

The combined storm forces manage to kill the Time Bombed Raek, the lefthand Scythean, leave the right hand one on 2 boxes and the other Raek has taken some damage.

The smoke clears
Under feat I am looking to score a point with the Nyss until Pete points out I've not actually put one of them B2B with the flag....

His turn is ineffectual as he's not able to hit with a crippled Scythean and order of activation means he can't heal them, although I mess up and do allow him to slipstream Thags out of the feat but hes's threaten by Anastasia and can't really come forward. He is able to score a point by putting the Spell Martyr on the right-hand flag.
Score 0-1


In my turn, I allocate 2 to the Stormclad, hoping to have him walk over and finish the Raek. Jr kills the Spell Martyr. Stormblade Captain finishes off the 2 HP Scythean with ease. I TK the Raek around and try and get the Stormclad in by walking over but I'm just short so I shoot at it with the robot instead, I miss. Harlan now has a target worth shooting as the Legionaires have Dragons  Blood on them so he gets to work removing Farilor and 2 more Legionnaires. The Stormblades kill off the Raek. The Lances go into the Legionnaires and onto the central flag, setting up to score. I move the Nyss into B2B this time and shoot another CRA into the Seraph.
Score 2-1
Mop up begins.

Vengeance triggers and between that and the units activation I lose almost all my Stormblades and 2 more Lances. A Forsaken runs onto the right-hand flag to score again and the Seraph charges into the Nyss and fails to kill any.
Score 2-2

The Nyss move to get unegaged and one dies to a free Strike, they CRA and leave the Seraph low but not dead. Haley has to step up and a boosted Handcannon then Aracne Bolt into it finishes it off.

The remaining Lance, Stormblades and Stormclad are able to clear the central flag, Jr removes the Forsaken on the right-hand flag.
Score 4-2

Pete moves up the pot to control the right hand flag and then shoots out an Animused Harier to remove Jr. A forsaken runs up to the Nyss and makes them flee due to s spooky check. Thagrosh then charges the Stormclad in the centre and removes it. But because he doesn't have enough fury to remove everything the Stormblade Captain remains standing and I score again.
Score 5-3 
Thagrosh gets into the mix


SCENARIO WIN!


Game 20/100
Haley2 Vs Mortenebra
Opponent: Merlin Goss
ScenarioScenario: Close Quarters
List:
Major Victoria Haley
* Squire
* Stormclad
Storm Lances
Stormblade Infantry
* Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormblade Captain
Anastasia di Bray
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord
Gorman di Wulfe, Rogue Alchemist
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution

Objective: Effigy of Valor

Game 20 is against Mortenebra and a new experience for me.

After reading her cards I have a rough idea of whats shes going to do.
I advance conservatively and make sure I've plenty of models between his things and Haley.

I advance slowly
 The Cryx run up and get into my face, I am able to charge Death Jack and remove him, kill a Stalker and get a couple of them Blind thanks to Gorman. and I feat.

Feat turn.
With nothing much happening due to my feat turn and black oil a turn doesn't really happen.

The next turn I am able to hit Mortenebra with a black oil due to the Jacks in B2B with her and then Eyriss followed by a CRA from the Nyss and the AoEs from a Stormblade putting her very low and removing the Jack, I am then able to Espionage with Anastasia and one Nyss hunter finishes it.

ASSASSINATION WIN!


Mortenebra dies.
So that's 20% of the games down prior to the WTC, time to push on with more in the future.


Also there was some Haley3 Spoilers but I'm sure you are already aware of them and she looks like she will be fun. Will she make the WTC cut? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment