Tuesday 28 June 2016

More games, Draginz.

Continuing on with the Battle reports this week.

I played a couple of games against my brother and fellow Team Ceol member.

I wanted to see what all the hype was about with Caine2 so I took him out for a spin:
(Caine 2) Captain Allister Caine
 - Defender
 - Hunter
 - Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator
Storm Lances (max)
Stormblade Infantry
 - Stormblade Infantry Officer & Standard
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
 - Captain Jonas Murdoch
 Journeyman Warcaster
 - Charger
Eiryss, Mage Hunter of Ios
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

I was facing off against Lylyth3:
(Lylyth 3) Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight
 - Angelius
 - Ravagore
 - Nephilim Bolt Thrower
 - Succubus
 - Typhon
The Forsaken
The Forsaken
Strider Deathstalker
Strider Deathstalker
Strider Scouts
 - Strider Scout Officer & Musician
  
I won the roll to go first and elected to do so.


Caine gets heightened reflexes and hides behind a rock.
I pushed stuff up and screened the Stormblades with the Lances as best I could to avoid them just dying to Deathstalkers.
The Lances got Arcane shield and the hunter moved up behind a central wall.
The Charger and Eyriss hide behind the forest on the right, ready to move out and strike.
  

Mike took some shots, discovering the Scouts no longer have CRA, and put a little bit of damage into the hunter.


The Lances push into the Zone killing some Striders, Caine gets a couple of other models and the Defender and Hunter shoot the Ravagore.


Lylyth feats and is able to go to town on the toys, over the Turn all the lances are made stationary, the hunter dies to the Angel and the charger get shoves out of the zone by the Bolt Thrower.
Mike Scores 1 CP


I have 3 Stormblades left and a unit of frozen Lances with an Angelius stood behind a wall just in front of me.
I put a few shots and then charge it with the Stormblades who manage to finish it off, Caine is able to kill a couple more enemy infantry.


 All but 2 of the Lances die and the Stormblades get finished off.
The Charger also bites the dust.
Mike goes up to 2 CPs


I am able to remove the Ravagore and Bolt thrower with my combined shots; the remaining Storm Lances kill the last couple of Striders.
I Dominate for 2 CPs


Mike is able to shift the remaining Lances with Typhon and Lylyth tramples over to the other zone, shoots Eyriss and repositions to score 3 and win on CPs.

Scenario Loss.

Thoughts:
I probably should have kept the Storm Lance screen up longer to protect the Blades from just dying to stuff.
Caine probably should have done more, I was very cagey with him and I don't think that much actually threatened him that well, he probably could have killed the Bolt thrower a turn earlier and leveraged himself better.
The Defender seemed lacklustre but I still have to practice.
A&H spent the whole game scared of all the Eyeless sight, squishy things that rely on stealth tend to have real problems against Legion so this probably needs more testing against other factions.
Eyriss didn’t do much but she did project threat quite well and I’m happy with that.
Lylyth3's feat is incredible against infantry like Storm Lances and she’s a tough nut to crack with Caine as well, 15/16 or 15/18 is tough and factor in a hill that becomes 17/18 and will be hard to shift.



My next game was against Rhyas, I pulled out a Haley 3 list that was in my War Room, not sure where it came from and it probably needs to be scrapped!
(Haley 3) Major Prime Victoria Haley
 - Centurion
 - Gallant
 - Squire
Trencher Infantry (max)
Storm Lances (max)
Journeyman Warcaster
 - Hunter
Captain Maxwell Finn
Harlan Versh, Illuminated One

Mike was playing Rhyas and once again Typhon was there!
(Rhyas 1) Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight
 - Typhon
 - Seraph
 - Succubus
Blackfrost Shard
Blighted Ogrun Warspears (max)
 - Warspear Chieftan
The Forsaken
Blighted Nyss Swordsmen (max)
 - Blighted Nyss Swordsman Abbot & Champion
Strider Deathstalker
Strider Deathstalker

I won the roll again and opted to go first, setting up the cloud wall.

Mike Advances and doesn't do much.


I continue forward with the cloud wall, shooting the hunter at the Seraph.

Mike kills my Objective and goes to 1 CP

I shoot a couple of Swordsmen and cloud up.


Some Swordsmen go into the lines and are able to kill a few trenchers; I of course forget they have tough.
Mike Scores 1 more CP (2 Total)


I retaliate by clearing the Swordsmen and killing a couple of Warspears.

Eventually the wall opens up and Rhyas feats pushing Typhon deep as well as a couple of Spears, able to remove Gallant and 2 Lances as well as the few remaining Trenchers.
He Scores 1 more CP (3 Total)

Baby Haley, 2 Lances and the Centurion kill Typhon and I put a Lance into his zone along with Finn.


Rhyas is able to charge and Slizzice the Centurion (it also turns out Polarity field is an imprint not a * action) Dominating my zone and going to 5CPs.

Scenario Loss

Thoughts:
I should remember Trenchers have tough.
The list was fine but I didn’t use the Unchargeable Centurion correctly, he should have been where Gallant as and he wouldn't have died nearly as easily.
Gallant did nothing really but I can see its use.
Storm Lances have reposition, I should use that.
This list probably needs an armour fixer like Ragman but he’s frowny at Harlan and Gallant.
The Squire probably isn’t necessary with revive plays being less likely.
DEF 15 Trenchers are a great front line Jam/Screen unit.


I managed to finish painting up Stormclad #3, happy without it turned out and there’s no ambiguity about what Warjack he is. 

Getting in a game or two against Khador on Wednesday evening and then there is a tournament in the local shop that I am running on Saturday; we have 16 people playing so there should be some good games going on and hopefully some interesting lists.






No comments:

Post a Comment