Saturday 18 February 2012

WAAAAAAAGH! Orks!

With the guard being at a solid stage of completion for now and a decent list that performs well it's time to get on with another Army.

Orcs were my first Army when I started playing, this was fantasy Orcs and Goblins, but I was soon converted to 40k.

I've always loved the crazy way that the Orks were, the fluff (lore) that they have in 40k has always appealed to me as has their madcap sense of humour and just the potential that they bring.

They also have crazy conversion potential, being more of a modeller initially it's great to be able to just stick bits of armour on here and there then a gun and make it more madcap and shooty!

There some great rules out there for things like the Shokk Attack gun, wierdboys Grots and snotlings.

One of the main things that really got me into Orks was GorkaMorka.


I don't remember where I got it from or why I got it but it was amazing, it was a planet full of Orks who formed  up into gangs and fought over scrap and used teef to trade. After each game you had the chance to upgrade your boyz with weapons and skills, there were some crazy skills and loads of amazing stuff.

The Rules and the Other book are available fro free from Games Workshop.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1340010_GorkaMorka_-_Da_Roolz.pdf
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1340011_GorkaMorka_-_Da_Uvver_Book.pdf

Once I'm able to get back to Belgium and grab my stuff I think I'll try and get a Gorkamorka campaign going.

But anyway I made some orders and picked up the following to get started:

The ork army from Black Reach


Some Power Klaws from Kromlech
10 of these Pirate Heads from Maxmini

20 of these Pirate Heads from Maxmini

I also received for Valentines day, a Battlewagon which I'm in the process of assembling, so far I've two unglued wheels done.
It's a massive kit.

I need to get a Deff Rolla for it but I'll probably go into that more in the future.

I know that in Belgium I have at least 4 Trukks and 2 Trakks, A Scorcha, A Lobba, a Buggy, a pile of Boyz, Nobz, Grots, GorkaMorka Boyz, A Runtherd, StormBoyz, a Warboss, 3 of the Metal Killa Kans and loads of Bitz and pieces. Which will give me a sizeable force off the bat, they might need stripping and reassembling but I'll get down to it. I just need to get over thre and get them, flights from Cork are starting in Late March, so I'll probably hop over in April for a weekend to grab a couple of Suitcases full of toys.

Anyway heading out to buy some supplies for painting as well as hopefully a brush and some Tamiya weathering pigments, want to make my Orks look dirty! I'll try to resist getting a box of Kans, but it might not happen, oh and the Codex needs to be purchased.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the links as I didn't know you could get the books for free

    ReplyDelete