Sunday 1 April 2012

MooFool

So I've just finished a weekend of Wargaming, the blog has been silent for sometime as I was made to clear away my dedicated workspace, apparently people sometimes want to eat of the kitchen table...

I was attending an 1850pts tournament, right here on my doorstep in Cork City. It was great, five games over two days. Being the prepared and incredibly lazy person that I am, I opted to bring along my tried and tested (and still in the same case) Guard from Warpcon, this list can be found here.

Overall I finished in 9th place of about 24 or so.

Table 1 in the final round, as you can tell, I wasn't playing there.

Heres a quick breakdown of the games:

Game 1 - Orks
Pitched Battle deployment

Primary Objective: Seize Ground (5 objectives to be captured. One objective is placed in the centre of each table quarter and one in the centre of the table.)

Secondary Objective: Annihilation: For this mission both players starts with 3 Battle points each. For every killpoint more than his opponent a player has at the end of the game, the player adds one BP, and his opponent subtracts one BP, up to a maximum of +3 / -3 BPs.

Result - Primary: Victory  Secondary: Victory

Game 2 - Sisters of Battle
Dawn of War deployment

Primary Objective:: Capture and Control

Secondary Objective: Seize Ground: (4 Counters)
Each player will place 2 counters, one for Seize Ground and a second for Capture and Control which will also count towards the Seize Ground objectives

Result -  Primary:  Loss Secondary: Loss

Game 3 - Space Wolves
Spearhead deployment: place a marker in the centre of the board for the duration of the game

Primary Objective: CLEANSE: - capture the most quarters.

Secondary Objective: Annihilation: For this mission both players starts with 3 Battle points each. For every killpoint more than his opponent a player has at the end of the game, the player adds one BP, and his opponent subtracts one BP, up to a maximum of +3 / -3 BPs.

Result - Primary: Draw    Secondary: Loss

Game 4 - Space Wolves

Pitched battle deployment

Primary Objective: Annihilation: For this mission both players starts with 4 Battle points each.
For every killpoint more than his opponent a player has at the end of the game, the player adds one BP, and his opponent subtracts one BP, up to a maximum of +4 / -4 BPs

Secondary Objective: Seize Ground: (3 counters)
One Counter is in the centre of the table. The other 2 Counters are 24" from player's table edge and 6" from the short table edges.

Result - Primary: Victory  Secondary: Victory 

Game 5 - Grey Knights
Spearhead deployment

Primary Objective: Seize Ground: (3 fixed counters)
To be placed as follows after deployment zones have been chosen but before Capture and control counters have been placed: one objective is in the centre of the table. The other 2 objectives are in the centre of each unoccupied table quarters

Secondary Objective: Capture and Control.

Result - Primary: Victory  Secondary: Victory 

Sorry about that guy, right there,
Overall I had a cracking weekend and some great games, I'll be writing each one up as I get round to it and looking at each of them, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'll be trying to update as often as possible with the games, and include the lists, if I can get them off people. 

I also intend on kick starting the Orks to get them in some sort of state of readiness, I just have to decide on the direction I want to take them, and to get more kit from Belgium.

I did manage to get a bunch of stuff when my folks came over, you can see it here!

After all this hard gaming I decided that Burgers were required, so feast upon the deliciousness!

Important sustenance

No comments:

Post a Comment