Sunday 6 November 2011

First Game in Years

So with the army list from below I set out to go find something to fight.


I headed up to the Wargaming Association Cork on Thursday Night at UCC.


Rolling in I went looking for a game, arranged to have one with Dave and was asked, what sort of list do you want me to use?


I think my first mistake was saying, play whatever you like.


So up I come against this:

Lord Mephiston 
2 Stormravens
Meltas and Assault Cannons and Missiles
2x Dreads with Spinny Claws (lightning) 
TH/SS Terminators
2x Squads of Assault Marines each with 3 Meltas 
5 Scouts + Seargeant


So we end up playing a Capture and Control Game (2 objectives on in each of our deployments) on a Spearhead deployment (opposite Table Quarters)


I pretty much got rolled, at the end of the game I had managed to kill about 4 Marines and 4 Scouts and Mephiston had wounded himself jumping into dangerous terrain.


Luckily a turn two outflank from my Valkyrie and Melta Vets meant I was able to nick the opponents objective and force a draw.


The game certainly showed me that an Infantry heavy army isn't great and I need to hide my tanks at the back, not up front in assault range of Dreadnoughts and Lords.


I should probably also make my Valkyrie a Vendetta.

No comments:

Post a Comment